Saturday, November 30, 2013

Zeke is 12 years old !!!

(Cake was made just for him with love by his Aunt S.)
I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by in my youngest son growing up.   What an adventure of twists and turns from the time he was born and placed in my arms to now.  A miracle from the beginning.  I stand in awe of God in all He has done in this child's life and in our lives!

The last three children we adopted I tried to make a conscious effort to overly enjoy them, as I never knew if this child was going to be my last.  I just never knew as the children came thru, if God was going to end the expanding of our family with this child.  I tried to enjoy the middle of the night feedings.  Tried to enjoy the struggles along with the joys.   So when we went and picked up Zeke from the hospital, I tried to remember every detail.
It did not take long for all of us to fall in love with this sweet little guy.  He was so beautiful.  So laid back and sweet.

I would love to watch him sleep.  Trying to memorize every sweet detail of his face, hands and feet.

I feel we did suceed in enjoying Zeke at every stage.

Even when he was very sick and going thru some ruff times, he brought us such joy and we knew he was given to us by God. 


I have always loved spending time with him.

He loves his sister Carolyn so much.  They have a very special bond and call themselves "The Twins" as they are always together.



When he got autism he went thru about two years were we could hardly get him to smile or make eye contact.  The below picture is actually one of the good ones. 

Praise God and by His grace alone, we soon started having easier and better days again.  Days where he would smile when asked and make good eye contact.  He started doing better and learning again.


He has grown from a small, struggling to grow little guy, to a strapping, strong, tough little guy.  

He has grown from that tough little guy to a God loving, kind hearted, strong, hard working young man.


 And I still love to watch him sleep!

God has preformed miracle after miracle and answered prayer after prayer on behalf of this precious  young man we have the privilege of calling our son.  

We love you dearly and always Zeke!  Happy 12th birthday!

Philippians 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:



Love, Dad, mom, Stephen, Antonio, William, Carolyn and Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment