Thursday, February 26, 2015

Deep South Snow!!

This winter has been very enjoyable so far.  We have had lots of rain but the temperatures have not been terrible.  The month of February has been pretty cold and we have  had several times they predicted ice or snow but we didn't get much from it. 

Yesterday, they had predicted that we were going to get snow by the afternoon and that we were going to get as much as eight inches.  Very rare for here.  This time they got it right.  It did indeed start to snow in the afternoon and it came down fast and hard.  It was breathtaking. 
By bed time we had a good four inches and by this morning we had at least six or so. 
Williams car and truck are covered with snow.
The ponies all had snow all over them.
Carolyn and her pony Millie!
Buck-a-roo the pony we have for the toddlers and baby K.
Yellow in the new dog house my dad built for him this past summer.  He loves it.  It is very warm in there and large enough for him to stand and sprawl out.  It is pack full of straw.

I let the children go out to play in it before breakfast, as the temperatures were already rising and going above freezing and I know by this evening most of it, if not all of it, will be gone. 
Carolyn is very good with the toddlers.  She helped "B"  have a good time out in it.
William helped "B" make this little snow man.  The snow was not packy enough to roll.  Carolyn is by it.
Zeke and Carolyn out doing barn chores in the snow.

Snow ball fight.
"B" with his little snowman!
Of course, hot cocoa for everyone afterwards.
Of course my goats decided to deliver during all of this.  If you have not read it yet or wish to read about all the farming type details,  you can go here to our farm blog.  But for this blog, I will just share a few pictures of them.
At least I don't have any more goats that will deliver so I can relax.

Psalm 51:6-7

Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.


May the Lord God in heaven be with you in all you do.  May He lead and guide you all the days of your life.

Blessings,

susan

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I believe we did get your snow! We hardly ever get any, let alone this much! The children did enjoy it and in two days it was all gone. I went out to feed baby goats this afternoon in short sleeves. It is chilly but not to cold. The temperatures drop at night and are above 50 most days now. We are still using the wood stove though for the baby. She spends a lot of time on the floor playing and I don't want her to catch a chill. Yes, that was our little B. He had never had hot cocoa before. I gave him marshmallows for in it. You would have thought I had given him gold! Love and Blessings on you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can't get snow down there too often. How fun for the kids to play in and a nice break for mom while they played outside. I remember my mom making cocoa for me when I played in the snow, it makes it all the more special. Your goats are so cute. I want some! Well, have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hadassah! I cant wait to hear you have sold your home and heading to a little farm somewhere! I can see goats in your pasture someday! Blessings!

      Delete