Sunday, July 22, 2018

Happy Birthday To Our Oldest!

Stephen was the one.
The one who first made me a mom!
The first of many children in my life.  He had me to himself for 9 years before we had more!
The one who first filled my heart with a love that only your child can make you feel.
The one who first gave me the somber reality that I was responsible for another life, their well being, care, education and upbringing.
The one who first filled that little niche between your neck and shoulder that only a newborn fills when held.
The one who first gave me a joy, that only a parent feels, when their child does the amazing things they learn to do.
The one who first started filling my mind with special family memories of our own.
The one who first started showing me so much about myself from a child's eyes. (Kids will repeat anything you know!)
The one that first said the sweetest "I love you mom" ever to me.
The one who first made my heart rejoice with their happiness and ache when theirs ached.
The one who first brought out my mamma bear feelings of protection for him.
The one that first broke my heart by saying something in a hurtful way that only our children can do.
The one who I made mistakes on as I learned how to be a good parent!
The first one I home schooled!
The one who was the child of my youth.
The one I grew up with.
The first one to help me navigate the teen years with.
The first one I learned that I had to leave them in Gods hands and trust.
The first one I became friends with.
The first one I saw graduate.
The one I first had to let spread their wings and leave the nest.
The first one to come back to visit and have holidays meals here at the house with.
My life was full of firsts with this son of ours.
He is the one I am so happy and blessed to be mom to.
Happy birthday my oldest son!  I love you fiercely and pray for you fervently!  May the Lord God in heaven have His mighty hand on your heart and life as you live and grow in Him!

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


Love, Dad, mom, Antonio, William, Carolyn, Zeke, Elizabeth, Billy, Timothy, Kinsley and Anna-Kate  

No comments:

Post a Comment