Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Elizabeth is Home!! and Merry Christmas!!

Today when I woke up all of the children were on the mend!  None of them had fevers, Praise God!  They all have lingering coughs but feel much better.  They had all been missing Elizabeth so much, that I had planed to take them over to the hospital today, to visit with their sister for a bit.

I, myself, had a very high fever for three days and nights and could not take anything to bring it down because of all my sensitivities to fillers in medications.  In the night God told me to take a shower and while taking that shower my fever broke Praise the Lord.  I slept the whole rest of the night.  I am so grateful.  I feel so much better. 

Then Tim called and said Elizabeth's doctor came by and said that after one more bag of IV antibiotics Elizabeth could be released. Praise God!  They were not sure how long that would take so still wanted us to come by.  So we did.  We do not have pipped in TV so all of the children loved watching the TV in Elizabeth's room.  A show was playing on how they make snack foods?  How it's Made?  Very interesting and educational.  Now I see why I don't like my kids eating them!  :)

Elizabeth is coming home with a heavy duty oral antibiotic.  We are to go to the doctors in a week but if she spikes a temp at all I am to call her cardiac doctor and take her straight down to Egelston Children's Hospital for further treatment.

Every Christmas we eat at Waffle House.  I know kind of strange.  But we rarely eat out and it is the only day of the year we eat there.  My children love going there, it is a huge treat.  They love the chocolate chip waffles.  The jukebox music and all the attention they get from the waitresses.  We thought we would not be able to go this year but Praise God we stopped by to eat on the way home from the hospital.
 We usually go for breakfast.  It was much later in the day when Elizabeth was released, so it was not nearly as crowed this time.  The children all enjoyed looking over the menus and ordering.  It was a nice celebration too because Elizabeth was released from the hospital and also that we are all feeling so much better!
I know we don't all look our best but Praise God...He carried us thru again.  God is so very good.  Always!

Revelation 15:3-4  And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.  Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.


Thank you to all who prayed for us going thru this hard time.  It really came out of no where and knocked us for a loop.  God is so good.  Merry Christmas and may His blessings be upon you all.

susan

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful to see elizabeth feeling better and out of the hospital!!! Now may the blood of Jesus cover you all so thickly that it drips continuously from you and may warring angels stand guard around each of you with their swords of fire, fighting off the evil that seeks to attack. God bless your gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cindie, so very much! May Gods blessings be poured out upon your family.

      Delete