Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve!



 A flower given to Carolyn today in memory of a very special someone to us.

Every year the children look forward to New Years Eve.  We are pretty strict with what the children are allowed to eat on a day to day basis.  We try to eat as natural as possible and avoid as many processed foods as we can.  By the grace of God, it does make a difference in how healthy the children are but also avoiding dyes, refined sugars and other processed foods effect the moods and energy levels of the children.  I vote for calmer children, so it is worth the effort, being I am with them all day long.  The children are only allowed soft drinks on their birthday, on Thanksgiving and maybe if we go out to eat once or twice in a year.  They get very little candy or sweets at all, unless given to them by people we know, or we bake them ourselves. 
A flower given to Elizabeth today in memory of a very special someone to us.



So you might guess how excited they get every year…because on New Years they each get to pick anything they want to eat for the celebration.  Tim always makes punch out of ginger ale and sorbet.   So that in and of itself is a treat.  But starting the day after Christmas I put a piece of paper up on the fridge with all the  childrens name on it.  As they think of the one thing they want the most, they write it down.  The weekend before New Years, Tim and I go shopping for what was on the list.  This is the list from this year. 

Elizabeth wanted all the stuff for make your own sundaes.

Zeke wanted gluten free chocolate muffins

Carolyn wanted all the fixings for make your own sub sandwiches.
 
William wanted Oreos

And Antonio wanted Pringles in Ranch, cheese and loaded bake potato flavors. 
 
We always get enough so they all can enjoy what was picked by the other children.  I am always amazed at the types of things they pick.  As I chuckle to myself that the things they pick really are not all that unhealthy. 


Once their feast is prepared they lay around eating and watching movies till midnight.  Tim and I put no limit on them.  They can eat all they want.

This past year sure went by fast.  I praise God for 2013.  For God being our God.  For salvation thru Jesus Christ.  For my husband and children, family and friends.  I am so very grateful for it all.


Lamentations 3:22-23  It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.




May God bless 2014.  May His mighty hand of protection be upon us all.  May He lead and guide us in all decissions we have to make.  May He provide for our every need and may we be faithful to spread the gospel to all we meet for Him.

Blessings,
susan

2 comments:

  1. I have to laugh at myself..... I sent you an email asking how your new years was and then I came over to catch up on my blogs and there you were telling us about your new years... ha ha..... I should have come here first. Silly Me. Well it looks like you had a blast, the kids look pretty happy with all those yummies on their plates. Im glad you had fun. God bless you and your family.

    cindie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year cindie! May 2014 be a fruitful year and blessed by God for you and your family in every way! You always make me smile and feel blessed to know you!

      Delete