Thursday, July 25, 2013

William's Little Vacation!



I have been one busy Mama the last few days.  William went away on vacation from Sunday to Tuesday!  As you know he is my right hand man around here and helps me so much with everything from Antonio’s care to barn work.   So the last two mornings without him were non-stop.

My sister and her husband decided that they wanted to go on a short vacation to go to Kentucky to see the Ken Ham Creation Museum.  They were very kind in inviting William along.  William was more than thrilled as he loves listening to Ken Ham and is very into learning other ways to defend and explain his belief in the truths of the Bible.  He also had been wanting to see this Museum as well.  So we happily waved goodbye and I readied myself thru prayer......  That they would have a safe and wonderful trip and God would be with me here at home, giving me the strength to get everything done on my own.  Praise God, Tim was still here to help me in our evening bed time routine.  So basically it was just the mornings  and day that were much harder.  Also the chores at night in the barn were long and a bit harder. 

Praise God all went well.  William, my sister and her husband had a wonderful, safe and fun time building happy memories.  
The scenery there was beautiful!


The exhibits amazing!

He was not wanting his picture taken with these different kids of deer giving them a thumbs up because they were cute.  He was thinking yummy meat!  Ahhhhh!!!!  Farm life.  :)



The grounds and petting zoo were wonderfully kept.

They also went to a nearby mall that had a two tier merry-go-round.  I have never seen one in my life!

He thought it was funny someone had taped sun glasses to the dragon!

I think William enjoyed eating out almost as much as the museum!  He kept sending me pictures of his meals everywhere he ate!




By the grace of God everything went wonderfully here at home.  Doing all the chores went smoothly just took time, which I had plenty of as I had cleared my schedule of anything extra in preparation.  Also, I had Antonio up, toileted, showered, diapered, dressed, meds, breathing treatments and fed by 9:30 both days.   

It is always good for me to have these times to see how God helps me so much every day.  How He always gives me the strength I need no matter what needs doing.   He also shows me, it is not me that does anything here in and of myself.  It is all God.  It takes God using all of us….. all working together, with such a large and unusual family like ours, to get everything done.  I must say it all went well and the house was so quiet without William.  He is always tickling, and jesting with the other kids and wrestling with Zeke.  They often get giggly and a bit rowdy.  So it was really quiet.  We missed him so much.  

I have had many people ask what Tim and I are going to do when William and the others move away when they grow up.  How will we do all the barn work and care for Antonio.  It does not offend me and I will share my answer here with you all in case you were wondering too.  :)

Tim and I prayed and know that God brought each and every child, that we have, into our lives and family.  Since God brought them here, I know God will always provide for our needs, be it strength, food, equipment or help.  No matter what I need.  We need. He always has provided.

As Antonio grew, thru the years, we saw that we were going to have to make some changes and prepare for his future care here at home. We are only getting older and his care getting harder.  We prayed and asked God to show us easier ways to care for him and built a handicap bathroom and bedroom just with his growing up and adult care in mind.  We now have everything set up in a way that Tim or I truly can care for him by our selves.  Even on one of my harder days.  Using the equipment takes little effort or lifting on my part but takes time to work and use.  As a stay at home mom, time is something I have.  As my time is for serving God by serving my husband and children.  

Yes, William and the children work hard around here and are a BIG help.  But most of the things they do are to help care for themselves, their own animals or animals that supply milk, eggs or entertainment for themselves.  When they would ever grow up and move away, I would not have ponies or as many goats, chickens, dogs, cats, geese, hamsters ......You get the idea.  They take care of their own things.  I just check behind them daily to make sure it all gets done.  When they go away for a spell, once in a while, I do have my hands full.  But full of mostly their responsibilities.  

Also, most of my children might never move away.  Antonio is my forever child that will always be here.  Most likely Zeke will not be able to live on his own as well.  He has a lot of trouble focusing, thinking, trouble shooting, and learning even basic life skills.  He has trouble controlling his emotions and is impulsive.  Not always in a good" thinking things thru" way.   The girls will only be able to live independently if in a "group home" or if they got married to very special young men.  Carolyn is very attached to us so I don't see her moving to a group home and with Elizabeth's intense medical needs, I can't see her either, unless like I said, leaving in marriage.  So basically the only one that for sure will be leaving the nest will be William.  As even though learning comes hard to him, he can with great diligence.  He studied hard and got his permit and is working toward getting his drivers license.  He is planing for his future education even though he would probably not be able to go to a regular college.  So you see, I will still have plenty of mess makers and mess cleaner upers once William comes to that time in his life.  :)

All in all, I am not worried about the future.  As I said.  God built this family.  He will always provide just like He always has.  He is faithful.  I trust Him with my very life.  It is His.

God is so good.  This trip was such a wonderful surprise and blessing to provide this time away for William.  Many thanks to my sister and her husband for inviting him and making his time away so special.  I am very thankful!  May God bless you 100 fold.


Psalm 95:1-6 O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.  Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.  For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.  In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.  The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.  O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.

Blessings, 

susan




 

No comments:

Post a Comment