Friday, March 29, 2013

Antonio the Author!

We adopted Antonio when he was 6 years old.  He brings us all such joy.  99% of the time he is very happy and joyous.  (the other 1%, in all honesty.  He has a few terrible melt downs a year)  Before coming to be our son he went to public school for kindergarten but once he moved here and was adopted he was home schooled all the way till he was 16.  At 16, I could legally graduate him and because I have so many kids to home school and fill paper work out on I graduated him the year he turned 16.  We had a party!  He was so pleased to tell people he was graduated but really his days never changed.  As everything he does all day long was always geared toward learning.  So basically he still always did school.  I just let him choose what he did instead of me setting his learning schedule every day.  That went on till he turned 18 just a few months ago.  At 18 we needed to show he was furthering his education.  So now we have a teacher come in with a home bound program and teach him once a week.  I do his other days.  This week, for part of his schooling, his teacher, Miss A, let him write a book.  He had a great time and wanted me to share with everyone on the blog his new book he wrote.  He loves animals, especially turtles.  He has two in a tank, by his desk, as pets. (Sid and Antonio are their names!)  Anyway, his book is about turtles, his favorite animals!   Disclaimer: any miss information about turtles in this book is creative license of the author, Antonio!
Antonios Book About Turtles
 By Antonio David Nichols
 I like turtles.  I have two turtles.  They are named Antonio and Sid.

Turtles lay eggs.

Turtles eat healthy foods. Strawberries, turtle food, worms, insects and leaves.

 Turtles hide in their shells when they are scared.
 Turtles live in water and on land.
The End

Deuteronomy 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep they soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons’ sons;

May the joy of the Lord fill you to overflowing today and always!


No comments:

Post a Comment