Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Day After



Today we had three things on our schedule.    Someone was coming to the house at 10:00 a.m. to work with Antonio.   His therapeutic massage therapist was coming to the house at 2:30 p.m.(to stretch out his muscles and work out any knots for his CP) and I had to be somewhere by 4:00 p.m.  So we had a very busy day today planed.  But, we had a rough day yesterday with Elizabeth’s dog being put down.  She cried all afternoon and evening yesterday and cried loudly off and on all night long last night.  She just could not stay in her bed without her dog.  Bless her heart.  She misses her baby.  Needless to say we all didn’t get much sleep.  We all just felt so badly.

I know this is going to sound strange because I have only introduced you to all my kids dogs.  But alas, I myself have two poodles.  Pickles (a red) and Melissa (white) I got them from a breeder who was retiring them from breeding.  I got Pickles three years ago when I asked Tim if I could have another baby.  He got me a poodle.  :)  Pickles is five now.  Melissa I got about 6 months ago when I was going thru wanting another child once again.  Melissa is about 8 years old.  I enjoy grooming all our dogs a lot, it is very relaxing for me, so these were good dogs for me. 

Anyways, they are both sweet and loving and love all my children.  So when Elizabeth got up this morning so sad.  As all the kids were taking their dogs out to potty and feeding them and she didn’t have her Cookie.  I told her to help me out and care for Melissa for the day.  She brightened up just a bit to do it and when Elizabeth did her school work today Melissa sat nicely on Elizabeth’s lap.  I am always up and busy doing things so I think that Melissa just was enjoying the company and the warm lap for the whole morning. 

As soon as the 10:00 person left I got all the kids ready and took them out.  They had all forgotten that it was home school bowling day.  If I feel up to it I try to make it there at all cost as Antonio cannot participate in many things but this.  So he looks forward to it every other month and I wanted to cheer up the children and get their mind off Cookie being put down yesterday.  The kids didn’t know where we were going till we pulled into the bowling alley parking lot.  It’s the first real smile I saw on Elizabeth’s face all day.

They had a really fun time.
                                                                        The Littles


                                                                 My two young men

Bowling did seem to take their mind off everything for a while Praise God.
William is always so patient, kind and gentle in helping his big brother do everything.  This is the way Antonio bowls.

                                                                    Good job guys!



                                                             Knock them down Carolyn!

                             When Elizabeth throws the ball sometimes it takes a while to get down there.

                                                         Gotta have just the right ball


                                          Antonio patiently waiting his turn.  What a happy guy!




Then we went to see Tim at Chick-fil-A.  They love popping in to see their dad.


After all the running all day we got home and Elizabeth spent the afternoon sad about Cookie but didn’t stop cuddling and hugging Melissa (the white poodle) close all afternoon.   Melissa in turn seemed to enjoy the personal attention from Elizabeth.  I could see this was becoming a very good thing for them both.   By the time Tim got home I had the idea to give Elizabeth my dog Melissa.  It seems that Melissa was happy to be spoiled by Elizabeth and seemed to know Elizabeth needed to cuddle a lot right now.  And I truly think it will help Elizabeth sleep better tonight.  I pray.  So we called in Elizabeth and told her and she was very happy about it.  She said she knew how much I loved my poodles and to give her one made her happy to know I loved her that much.  That she was going to take the best care of her.  Elizabeth still looks very sad in her eyes.  And her face is a bit pale and flush from so much crying the last few days.  But I believe in time she and Melissa will bond even more and be so good for each other. They will form a good relationship and bond.  Just like Elizabeth had with Cookie.

It has been such a hard two days for all of us.  It makes me think of how wonderful heaven will be with no tears or sickness only joy and eternity with God.

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

May the joy of the Lord be your strength today and always,
susan

No comments:

Post a Comment