Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Ah-ha Moment



When I was a young child I helped my dad do projects all the time.  It was one of my favorite pass times.  Actually, I helped him all thru my childhood and even sometimes in my life now, we work together on a building/repairing project.  I was the tool girl.  The measuring tape holder.  The go getter.  The ladder steadier.  I like to make things with my hands and wood.  Home Depot is one of my favorite stores!  

                             I wanted a platform bed so this is the bed the Lord helped me build.  (Stage 1)

                                                                               Stage 2

        Stage 3 - replace mattress on it and you have an extremely sturdy platform bed. God is so good!



 I have had a heck of a time trying to build this blog. I have been very blessed all my life.  I pray about things and the Lord just helps me do what I need to do.  If I want to build a bed.  I do some research, take a deep breath, pray and do it.  And praise God my projects almost always work out beautifully.  The Lord has helped me remodel rooms.  I mean tear the siding off the walls down and reconfigure a room!  Was it done right?  I will never know.  But it is good enough and looks fine. I always figure I might not know how to do something but God does.  He knows everything, so He can show me.  I usually can’t afford to hire anyone to do projects for me.  So it’s the Lord, me and all my children as helpers.  (Sometimes I still recruit my dads’ wisdom and help) God has helped me build many beds that we sleep on.  Many pieces of furniture and raised beds for gardening.  All kinds of things.  But building this blog has been such a challenge.  As I don’t speak technology at all.  It’s as if it is in a different language altogether.  (I still use a pencil and calendar to schedule my life!)

This is a bed frame the Lord helped me build for William and Zeke.  Twin mattresses fit perfectly on the top and in the trundle.   As Zeke grew he needed a bigger bed so now it makes the most sturdy wonderful train/lego table for him.  We could all sit on this and have a picnic and it would not give way!  Zeke climbs all over it when he plays and sits on it!


A patio that the Lord helped me and my nephews build.  My nephews could handle handing me the heavy blocks that my littles could not lift.

I was trying to build a banner for the header and was reading one of the many” how-to’s” I had found on the internet.  I read thru many and could not understand any at all. But there was one that was step by step with pictures.  So I gave it a go.  I read step by step very slowly several times.  Thought I was doing just what they said and still it was not working for me.   Everything from pictures I could not resize to words all over the pictures that I didn’t want.  How could I not be able to do this?  After taking several breaks and a mild headache later I went back to it and re-read it all slowly.  And finally…..the Ah-ha moment!  I found out the miniscule, and I might add vague, tiny step that I had been missing and I finally understood.  Oh the joy and relief.  I went thru it all again step by step including the one step I had missed.  And there it was.  All nice and neat looking.  Our family picture finally looked in the right proportions, words beside it and framed up nicely!  Whew!  Praise be to God!  He helped me.

When I finished that one small part of building the home page for this blog I was thinking.  I know many of us have read the Bible thru time and time again.  Sometimes we get lost in the language of it all.  Sometimes we are in a hurry when reading or are very distracted with our mind wandering during reading.   Sometimes we are frustrated with something going on in our life.  Or we read a verse over and over again and it doesn’t mean so much to us.  It’s been brushed over many times over the years.  Other times I think we just miss the meaning.  Just miss it.  But then sometimes we are going thru something in our lives and that verse pops out and ministers to that very situation.  The Holy Spirit revealing it to us.   And we go Ah-ha!  We got it.  We hold on to it, stand on it, put it on our mirror and fridge, use it.  We never look at that portion of scripture the same again.  God must smile down at us.  We are definitely like little children sometimes.

God’s Word is alive and true.  I am so grateful that He uses it daily to speak to me and constantly gives me those Ah-ha moments I need to navigate thru life.

Blessings,

susan

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment